History of the money clip
A great alternative to the traditional wallet a lot of men sport is the money clip. Some prefer the versatility of wallets as they come in different shapes and sizes. You would be surprised to learn that money clips can also offer you variety and are lightweight and convenient, they provide a great, minimal way to carry your money around. Paper currency was introduced in the 1800’s and the money clip caught on in the 1900’s with men preferring an easy way to carry around the paper notes. As you can imagine when they were first introduced only the very wealthy, upper classes could afford a custom money clip.
The 20th century saw the money clip increasing in popularity and a way for the wealthy to distinguish themselves in a time when appearances and ostentation were at its peak. Today the money clip can be used by all as it is now affordable and accessible to all in a wide variety of styles and options made by metal manufacturers. Money clips are not a new trend they have been around for years, but are now growing in popularity among men, as paper notes have replaced the traditional coins as the principal currency of exchange. As more notes have been introduced the money clip has become the choice way to carry around cash._ Premium Gift
Why should you carry a money clip
• Money clips now have the distinction of being carried by both men and women who love the convenience and easy, no hassle-access to their cash.
• Because of the many design and style options money clips are now being sported by teenagers, young men and women, moms and dads and even grandmothers and grandfathers.
• They cut across social divides and are used by office white collar workers, as it fits easily in a suit pocket or pocket books and just as easily for the blue collar workers in their uniforms.
• The reason for the growing popularity of money clips is also due to the craftsmanship of the metal manufacturers, they use durable, high quality materials to manufacture money clips. There is a lot of wear and tear involved in the daily handling of money and so durability is always a priority for most shoppers, stainless steel and premium grade aluminium combined with materials such as leather or polyurethane are top of the line materials used in the manufacturing of custom money clips.
• Another reason is organization. Wallets tend to attract a lot of junk and unnecessary clutter and a packed wallet can cause an unattractive bulge in your pocket and attract unwanted attention. Money clips help to streamline and organize what you carry around. If you feel a wallet is a necessary accessory, a money clip can supplement your wallet as well, it does not need to replace it, although as you can see it is a practical, fashionable way to carry your money around.